Contract Period: 24 months
Expected date of employment: 11 September 2023
Apply before August, 14th 2023: https://emploi.cnrs.fr/Offres/CDD/UMR7592-GUICHE-002/Default.aspx?lang=EN
The person recruited will be responsible for developing and carrying out analyses of intact proteins by mass spectrometry using innovative technologies such as native MS, ion mobility, ECD and SID fragmentation and high-resolution chromatography.
The person recruited will develop and implement innovative mass spectrometry analysis methods for characterising proteins and/or protein/protein or protein/ligand complexes.
This involves in particular
– Managing the available instruments
– Developing and adapting new analytical methods
– Analysing, exploiting, validating and interpreting results
– Contributing to scientific and technological monitoring in the field of structural analysis of proteins and complexes
– Welcoming platform users and working with them to define the best experimental strategies applicable to their projects.
– To disseminate and promote results and achievements in the form of reports, publications and oral presentations.
– Apply the relevant regulations in terms of ethics, health and safety and good laboratory practice in the workplace.
– To participate in the implementation of a quality approach
– Contribute to training courses and workshops organised by the platform
– Initial training in Biology, Chemistry and Biochemistry (Masters 2), supplemented by a doctorate in analytical sciences
– Expertise in analytical instrumentation, in particular mass spectrometry, chromatography and bioinformatics software
– A strong interest in laboratory techniques
– Technical rigour and organisational skills
– Motivated, enthusiastic, committed and available
– Good interpersonal and teaching skills
– Ability to listen and adapt in a multidisciplinary environment
– Ability to take initiative and make proposals
– Fluency in written and spoken English
– Knowledge of health, safety and quality regulations
We are currently offering a 2-year post-doctoral position to develop innovative methods for analysing and characterising proteins using mass spectrometry and liquid chromatography. In particular, developments will be pursued on a CYCLIC IMS SELECT SERIES type instrument (Waters) coupled to an Acquity UPLC M-class chromatographic system (Waters) or a TriVersa NanoMate (Advion) for mass analysis of intact proteins and for developing native MS analyses. Dedicated licensed software running on powerful multi-core servers is used for data analysis. The platform operates midway between the academic and private sectors in a state-of-the-art technical environment. This position is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to get involved, learn, develop their skills and build a professional network.